"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
~
Philippians 4:13

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dad's Getting Dressed For The Wedding

-
"The Calling Of Your Hearts"
(from Dad's service ~ January 3, 2009)

“The Wedding Song” is a classic love song, which Paul Stookey, of “Peter, Paul, and Mary” –wrote for Peter’s wedding. He shares how the lyrics came to him:
"Lord," I prayed, "nothing would bless this wedding ceremony more than Your presence. How would You manifest Yourself?"


And the lyrics came:

“I am now to be among you
at the calling of your hearts…”


Paul changed the “I” to “He” – to tell how God’s Presence blesses a marriage. Today, we pray, that God's Presence would bless this “marriage ceremony” as well, – for in reality, Dad is united with the Bride Groom ~
Jesus Christ!

1 comment: