"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
~
Philippians 4:13

Monday, January 5, 2009

I'll Be Home For Christmas

We went to the hospital Sunday morning, December 21, to see Dad. He was talking with us, though he was having a bit of a hard time doing it -- he was on oxygen, so we listened carefully. He was saying how he didn't think he would go home till Tuesday. I'm thinking... he won't be home for Christmas either... never, ever did it really occur to me, then, that he wouldn't be coming home at all! Dad was too strong, too big, too healthy... and his mom (my Grandma) is 98 years old! It was a shock, to say the least, when we heard the news, Tuesday morning, shortly after 3:00 a.m. -- that he had passed. It wasn't until New Year's Day, that I was talking with a dear friend who moved to North Carolina, that I realized .... Dad did go home on Tuesday!! I had wondered why he said "Tuesday" -- why not Wednesday, Christmas Eve? Why not Monday? Why did Dad believe it would be on Tuesday, that he'd get to go home? Did he realize then, that he would be going to his Heavenly Home? His Home in Glory! Home for Christmas... I wonder if Heaven is decked out in red and green this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment